Italy is going to extend the state of emergency as the spread of coronavirus continues to increase. The state of emergency was due to end on July 31. But on Friday, Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said the state of emergency in his country could be extended. News Reuters.
Italy declared a six-month state of emergency in January last year. The first corona outbreak was reported last December in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. Shortly afterwards, the corona was found in the bodies of two Chinese tourists in Italy.
That is why a state of emergency was declared across the country from the end of January. However, it is not going to end this month. The Italian government is now planning to extend the deadline without lifting the state of emergency.
Meanwhile, Italy has recently imposed travel bans on 13 countries, including Bangladesh. Coronavirus was detected in the bodies of 21 passengers of a special flight from Bangladesh to Italy last Monday.
That’s why Italy has deported 16 of the 162 Bangladeshis who landed at Rome’s Fumicino and Milan’s Malpensa airports.
There is a lot of criticism in the Italian media about how the passenger who was hit by the corona on the flight to Bangladesh. It is said that the passengers went to Italy with fake coronavirus test certificates in exchange for money.
In the last two weeks, Italy has also banned entry to foreign nationals traveling to Bangladesh. On Thursday, Italian Health Minister Roberto Speranza signed a special ordinance banning 13 high-risk countries, including Bangladesh.
The countries that have been banned from traveling to Italy are Bangladesh, Armenia, Bahrain, Brazil, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Chile, Kuwait, Northern Macedonia, Moldova, Oman, Panama, Peru and the Dominican Republic.