Many of us have this problem of sleep. Many of us have failed in trying to solve this. I want to sleep in the first part of the night but sleep seems to be eavesdropping on us that I will not catch your eye before 2 o’clock at night. Many of us feel the effects of late sleep but can’t get enough sleep.
You may surprised that almost every person suffers from sleep problems at some point! In other words, even a person who sleeps well cannot guarantee that he will sleep well for the rest of his life.
Again, people who have sleep problems do not have bad sleep for the rest of their lives. When sleep is good, our mind stays fresh and our efficiency increases.
Our body has a hormone called melatonin which involved in our sleep. Melatonin secretion is usually reduced in the presence of light. If someone goes to sleep in daylight instead of at night, he should sleep in the absence of melatonin which will prevent him from going to a deeper level of sleep.
One study found that screen light impairs the secretion of the hormone melatonin, which is responsible for sleep in the body. The brighter the light, the lower the production of melatonin. “A little light at night, such as screen light, is enough to have a detrimental effect on sleep,” said Mary Sarscadon, a senior researcher in the study and professor of psychiatry and anthropology.
You need to follow some rules to get a good night’s sleep. If you follow these rules, your sleep problems will gradually decrease. Those who have trouble sleeping can follow the rules in a few steps.
A) Day job :
1. By no means do I want to convey that I recommend for the mother to be inactive. And if you sleep during the day, your sleep needs will decrease a bit, so it may be late to sleep at night.
2. Do not drink tea or coffee in the afternoon. They contain ingredients that interfere with sleep at night.
3. Exercising half an hour a day or an hour at night will give you a good night’s sleep.
B) Night work :
1. Avoid heavy meals at night and finish your dinner at least an hour before
2. Refrain yourself from any screen one hour before going to bed.
3. Talk to yourself that after a while I will go to sleep / now I am going to sleep. It will send a positive message to your brain to sleep and get you ready for sleep.
4. You can drink a glass of warm milk before going to bed. It is good for sleeping.
5. Do time management in such a way that all your work ends one hour before you go to sleep.
C) General work :
1. Go to bed at the same time every day and wake up at the same time. Strictly follow this rule.
2. Never use your bed for anything other than sleep. Do not watch any exciting movie or video while lying in bed.
3. In a dark and noise-free room with a tolerable temperature you can go to sleep
4. Keep notes of what you learned from the process. Then you don’t have to think about them anew while sleeping.
5. If a thought comes to mind again and again, keep a note of it.
6. Forgive others – tell them I forgave you so I will be fine. Sleeping with anger / negative emotions on someone can cause sleep disturbances.
7. You can sleep 7/8 hours. Even if you don’t sleep, don’t stay in bed for long.
8. Don’t get up and follow it to change your sleeping habits. Give time for 10-15 days or more.
D) During sleep :
1. Never think that only 11 o’clock at night (maybe another time), now I will not sleep / maybe I will not be able to sleep tonight / I have trouble sleeping and so on. These thoughts are enough to disturb your sleep. So avoid these thoughts.
2. Never check the watch, by no means.
3. Talk to yourself this is my rest time so now I am resting. Sleep will actually come and not actually come I am resting during my rest.
4. Progressive muscular relaxation (PMR) can be a good exercise for sleep.
5. You can relax your body through deep breathing after lying in bed. This will relax your busy brain when more oxygen-rich blood enters your brain, resulting in better sleep. You can do this at night and go to sleep. You can watch its video from YouTube.
Finally, I would like to say that regular exercise, moderate eating habits and adequate sleep are good for the body and mind.
Writer: Md. Abu Tareq