Rules in Saudi Arabia for tourists
Everyone has wished to explore the world. In the modern era, this is done by travelling to different regions. Exploring by travelling is a definition of tourism. And those who travel are called tourists. It is an act of spending time away from home in search of pleasure, relaxation, knowledge etc.
When you go to travel to a specific country, you have to follow the rules and instructions of that country.
When it comes to tourism, so the name Saudi Arabia comes in the top 10 countries in the world. Before making any plan for the trip to Saudi Arabia, you must consider this article “Rules in Saudi Arabia for tourists”. Readers will definitely get some knowledge points after reading it.
Saudi Arabia country occupies about four-fifths of the Arabian Peninsula. Another popular reason for the popularity of this piece of desert land is that it is home to the two holy cities of Mecca and Medina.
Saudi Visa is the First Requirement
Finally, you have made a planned tour to Saudi Arabia, a visa is mandatory to enter the kingdom. You should have the citizen nationality of your country to apply for a Saudi tourist visa. But now, the country developed an electronic system for visa procedures. Saudi authorities developed the system to speed up the entry procedure for visitors. That’s why now it is called the e-visa.
To apply online for a Saudi Arabia tourist visa, you must provide information about your visit. For your visa, the Saudi government requires a photo, a few documents, and proof of your travel.
You must have to read the following eligibility for the issuance of a visa:
- Tourists from the 49 countries that qualify can apply for a tourist visa online.
- Your age should be 18 years. (If you are less than eighteen you will need a guardian).
- The passport must be valid for at least six months for entry into Saudi Arabia.
- The applicants’ religion does not matter.
Rules in Saudi Arabia for tourists:
A tourist of the Kingdom must follow certain rules and regulations. If anyone tries to break the law, he will face punishment.
Some rules are mentioned below:
Using drugs and alcohol
It is important to understand that drugs and alcohol are prohibited in Saudi Arabia. The country forbids the use of drugs, alcohol, and illegal medical supplies. As Islamic law is strictly enforced in this country, so the use of these products is considered a crime before God.
Carry personal ID all the times
You must always keep your passport or visa all time on your tour. Without a valid ID, you may be treated like an illegal and taken to jail. Saudi authorities can check the ID of tourists at any time. There are security checkpoints on roads as well as in cities.
If you want to wed a Saudi national, your partner must take a letter of approval from the Ministry of Interior. If the ministry allows you then you can marry, otherwise, you cannot.
You can’t take illegal items into public:
Here are some illegal items which you cannot take out in public. As a tourist, you should avoid them.
- Pork products
- Dangerous weapons
- Political and religious issues
Some unlawful activities you should know as a tourist:
- Without permission from the Ministry of Culture and Information, you may not produce or distribute printed or electronic materials.
- Engaging in fundraising and charitable activities, including those conducted online or through social media, without first obtaining permission from local authorities.
- Live together or engage in sexual activity without getting married.
- Giving birth to a child or becoming pregnant outside of marriage.
- Using bad language or gestures
- Taking photos of government buildings, palaces, checkpoints, motorcades, religious sites
- Rape and serious crimes
You can’t smoke in public areas:
In most public and private areas of Saudi Arabia, smoking is prohibited, including airports, governmental structures, locations with children present, and any places of worship.
Don’t eat or drink during Ramadan:
If you are a Muslim, the fasting act will apply to you. Whenever you have your tour during Ramadan, don’t eat or drink in public places in Saudi Arabia. Try to avoid them during daylight hours.
During this month, Muslims perform obligatory and post-natal prayers, perform Umrah and pray. That is why this month is called the month of fasting.
Remember: Last year, the process of obtaining permission before performing Umrah during Ramadan affected the number of pilgrims. But next time this restriction is lifted. There is no age limit for performing Umrah. Therefore, almost all agencies have started booking Ramadan Umrah Packages 2023 in the last months of 2022.
Avoid swimming in public:
Swimming pools and gyms are largely segregated in Saudi Arabia.
Women are not allowed to use the same gyms and swimming pools as men. Women in Saudi Arabia are prohibited from swimming in front of men at public beaches. Men can’t make such friendly gestures on the beaches of Saudi Arabia as they can on the beaches of America, Australia, etc.
Wearing jeans is allowed or not?
In Saudi Arabia, jeans are now appropriate. The jeans should not be tight or have a low rise. It should maintain complacency with the dress code requirements. Additionally, the jeans must be in a good condition with no tears or holes.
Rules for Hajj and Umrah tourists
If you are a Hajj or Umrah tourist in Saudi Arabia, then you must follow the below rules:
- You must have a Hajj visa for Hajj.
- If you are suffering from any disease, you have to show proof of vaccination.
- One must be age eighteen. For babies and children, you will have to take a permit.
- A non-Muslim cannot enter Makkah or Madinah (They can enter Madinah but not cross those places where Muslims worship places.)
- Pilgrims can move freely throughout the Kingdom and do not require another tourist visa.
- One must have to follow all the rules of Hajj/Umrah as well as given by Kingdom for pilgrimages.
To enter Saudi Arabia, your first step is the issuance of a visa. Once your visa process is complete, now you can enter the kingdom. If you are already in the kingdom as a tourist, you have to follow certain rules and instructions. You may also visit Saudi Arabia by booking your Umrah or Hajj packages from an authentic company. One can also do Umrah on any type of Saudi visa.