Providing the Best Ways to Migrate Gmail to Zoho Mail
Summary: Often, a few email services don’t fulfill the needs which we expect. At that time, we want to change the email platform to a new one. In this respect, Office 365 and Zoho mail are the two most prominent email platforms that fulfill all business requirements. If you are also seeking a solution to migrate Gmail to Zoho Mail, then this article is going to be helpful for the execution of your task with the easiest possible methods.
Google Mail is a cloud-based email service launched by Google in 2004. It uses for personal along with business purposes. However, Office 365 and Zoho mail are premium business-oriented email services that comprise Email, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Streams, Bookmarks, etc.
On the other hand, some users want to migrate Gmail to Office 365 to experience the Microsoft 365 environment. So, if you have decided to migrate Gmail to Zoho Mail, then stay on this article. In the following section, we will discuss the manual method to transfer your Gmail mailbox to Zoho mail.
Manual Method for Gmail to Zoho Mail Migration
Here we are delivering some stages through which you can easily transfer your Zoho Mail emails to Google Mail.
Stage 1: Configure your Gmail Account with MS Outlook.
Stage 2: Export Gmail Emails to PST File Format.
Stage 3: Add Zoho Mail Account to Microsoft Outlook.
Stage 4: Import Gmail Emails to Zoho Mail Account.
Stage 1: Configure your Gmail Account with MS Outlook.
Add your Google account to Outlook to export Gmail emails to PST format.
- Open MS Outlook Application and navigate to the File Menu.
- Here click on Add Account button.
- Enter your Gmail account id and hit the Connect button.
- Now click on Done. Here you can see your account is successfully added.
Stage 2: Export Gmail Emails to PST File Format
Go along with the mentioned steps to completely export your Google Mail emails into PST format.
- In Outlook, go to the File menu and select the Open & Export option.
- After that, click on Import & Export.
- In the newly opened wizard, choose the Export to a File option and click on the Next button.
- After that, select Outlook Data File(.pst) and click the Next button.
- Select the Gmail account and folders you want to export in PST format. Then click Next.
- Here Browse the location where you want to keep the output file, then click on Finish.
Stage 3: Add Zoho Mail Account to Microsoft Outlook
Here, follow the outlining steps to link your Zoho mail ID to the Outlook account to migrate Gmail to Zoho Mail.
- In MS Outlook, navigate to the File menu and select the Add Account option.
- Here, provide your Zoho mail address.
- In the Advanced options, check the button Let me set up my account manually.
- Afterward, select IMAP and click on the Done option.
- To set up a Zoho mail account, go to User Information and provide your Username and Password.
- Click on More settings to see extra options.
- Navigate to the Outgoing Server and look there for any errors. Verification is necessary for the outgoing server.
- Change to the Advanced tab and enter the Server Port numbers.
- To finish, close the window, tap Next and complete the process.
- Now, your Zoho mail account is configured with Outlook.
- In case you don’t see your Zoho mail folder in the Outlook folder then restart the Outlook application.
Stage 4: Import Gmail Emails to Zoho Mail Account
Follow the below steps to import the converted Gmail emails (in PST) to your Zoho mail account.
- In Outlook, click on the File menu, navigate to Open & Export, then choose Import/Export.
- After that, select the option Import from another program or file and click on the Next button.
- Click on Outlook Data File(.pst), then hit the Next button.
- Browse the exported PST file which you have created in the previous step and tap on the Next button.
- Finally, click Finish to import your PST file to your Zoho mail account.
Through these above-discussed steps, you can smoothly migrate Gmail to Zoho Mail. It could take hours if there is a lot of data in your Gmail mailbox. Furthermore, there are some limitations associated with the Manual method. Some of them are covered in the next section.
Limitations of using Manual Process
Here, we are describing some restrictions of this method.
- This method is very complex and hard to execute the task.
- If non-technical users want to migrate emails from Gmail to Zoho mail, they could make a mistake because of its multiple steps.
- There may be data loss during the execution of this method.
- It is a lengthy and time-consuming process.
These are some main drawbacks of the manual solution, which you have seen above. If you want a smooth migration of Gmail emails to Zoho Mail, then you can opt for a secure and reliable Gmail Backup Software which ensures high data security.
Best Professional Method to Migrate Gmail to Zoho Mail
The Gmail Backup Software is a reliable utility to save Gmail data to multiple file formats such as PDF, PST, MBOX, MSG, and more. In addition, this utility allows users to transfer their Gmail emails to various email clients like Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Office 365, Thunderbird, Zoho, etc. Apart from this, it also gives some extra features to the users, which are discussed in the following section.
Additional Features of the Gmail Backup Tool
In this section, we are providing the additional benefits of this software which users can explore when they need it.
- This utility permits users to back up Gmail emails to numerous file formats like CSV, DOC, DOCX, EML, EMLX, HTML, MHTML, TXT, etc.
- The Gmail Backup Tool helps users to migrate their Gmail emails to other email clients such as Zoho Mail, Amazon Workmail, Yandex Mail, AOL, iCloud, GoDaddy, HostGator, IMAP, etc.
- It gives the option to remove duplicate files from migration.
- This tool offers a Date Range Filter that allows backup emails within selected dates.
- You can also skip the previously migrated items that have been migrated earlier.
In this article, we have elaborated on how to migrate Gmail to Zoho Mail through the manual method. Also, we have seen that this method is very tedious and complex which could frustrate you. Hence, we have further provided a professional software approach that can help you to perform the migration process efficiently.