How To Open EML File In Outlook? Two Simple Methods
EML stands for Electronic Mail. It is an email file extension use to save email messages in email systems. It is usually work in the POP3 email application.
The format is supported in every email client. But it is generally a standard format used by MS Outlook. EML saves the text messages and may along with the attachments that the sender send in the mail.
Outlook is an email client provided by Micorsoft. Where it saves and manage the mail messages, calendar, contacts, events etc. PST is a Personal Storage Table. It is a file format used to store the emails, calendar and other data in the Outlook.
Whereas, EML is used to store the messages in the email along with sender, subject, date of the message and recipient(s). it can also store one or more email attachments.
The EML is saved just the content of email and along with the link and attachments. Their is higher chance of losing the messages. So we have to send the mail into the other application such as Outlook. Now, the question is How can we Open EML file in Outlook. It is very easy to import EML to Outlook. Their is no need of any technical expertise.
Their is various simple and easy methods to open EML file in Outlook. In this article we are going to discuss Two Simple Methods. Also their pros and cons of using the methods. And compare which is the best method for using.
Open EML file in Outlook Using Default Program
It is the most common method of importing the mail. It is an easy way to send EML in Outlook by making your app settings default. It is also called the Manual Method. Because of how simple and easy to do.
Benefits of Using Manual Method
Before discussing how to open EML file in Outlook first we are going to point out merits of using this method.
- Easy to use– it is very easy to follow the instruction. Their is no need of any technical knowledge.
- Free of cost– the main benefit of using this method is that it is free of cost. No money is required for following this method.
Instructions of Manual Method
Following steps are used to open EML file in Outlook.
- Go to the start button on the bottom of your desktop. Click on settings.
- Go to the app and then go to the default app. Choose default app by file type.
- A long list of file extension will appear. Choose .EML
- Click on the application icon present right next to the extension. Select Outlook.
Now you can easily open EML file in Outlook.
Drawbacks of Manual Method
Using this method to import EML to the software is very easy and free of cost but it has some limitations such as-
- Can open one file– you can only open one file at a one time. It means that if you have to open multiple file. You have to follow the instruction a numerous times.
- Time consuming– it takes more time to open EML file in Outlook. So, it is very time consuming.
- Losing of content– there is very chances of missing or losing some content while processing the email.
Their is lot of disadvantages rather than advantages of using this method to Open EML file in Outlook. So, from here we are going to use another method.
Using Software to Open EML File in Outlook
Use SysTools EML to PST Converter Software to open EML file in Outlook. The software convert the EML into PST. Then from here you can import the PST format into the software. It is very easy to use and it is highly recommended.
Benefits of The Software
following are the befits of using the software is.
- Import multiple files– the main point of using the software is you can open multiple EML files in the same time. Now you don’t need to spend your time to open the file every time.
- Less time consuming– it takes less time as compare to the manual method.
- No risk of losing content– using the software, there is less or no risk of losing the contents and with the attachments.
- Apply Data Filters- it provide various filters for searching the file from the number of files.
- User friendly– user can easily use this software. Any professional or non professional can easily use.
Instructions For The Software
In this method we follow Two Steps to open EML file in Outlook. So, follow the steps.
Step (1): Convert EML into PST Format
To support the mail in the outlook you have to first convert it into PST. Following are the steps.
- Download and install the software.
- Go to the left panel on the screen, select your email you want to convert.
- You can preview the emails with their attributes.
- Click on export button and select the PST format.
- Now choose your desired location and press save button. Now your file is ready to import in Outlook.
Step (2) Import the Converted PST File into Outlook.
Now you can import your converted mail in the outlook. Follow these steps.
- Open the Outlook Software, click on the file button.
- Select export and import. Then, import/export.
- Then select import from another program and click on next.
- Choose outlook data file (.PST) and click on next button.
- Browse your mail and enable the do not import the duplicated.
- Select the folder and click on the import.
Using software to open EML file in outlook is better than using the method mentioned in above.
In this article we discuss about EML files and How you can Open EML file in Outlook. We understand two different methods to import the mail and their pros and cons. At the end using software to import the mail is the best compare to the other method. It also very important that the user have to also keep their need in mind before using any these methods.